2. Collection of information
2.1. Data provided by you
As a rule, disclosure of personal data is not required for the use of our online services. If personal data (name, postal address or email address) are collected within the framework of our online services, this is done, as far as possible, on a voluntary basis. If, for instance, you wish to receive the Newsletter offered on our website, we require your email address as well as information that enables us to verify that you are the owner of the email address indicated.
2.2. Automatically collected data
For reasons of data security and for the purposes of optimizing user-friendliness, we also collect non-personal data in connection with the use of our online services. For example, the Internet browser used, the operating system, the domain name of the website you last visited before accessing our website, the number of visits and the average time spent on our website, as well as the pages you accessed, are stored.
Such automatically collected data are not associated with data from other sources. However, we reserve the right to retrospectively verify such data, if any concrete indications of unlawful usage are brought to our attention.
2.3. Cookies and web beacons
Our online services use so-called browser cookies and web beacons. Cookies do not cause any harm on your computer. They are small files with configuration settings that help us to make our online services user-friendlier, more effective and more secure. Moreover, cookies serve to implement certain user functions.
For more detailed information please click
2.4. Web analysis
For the purposes of continuous functional optimization and maximum user-friendliness, some of our online services use the web analysis services and social plugins listed below. The data used for this purpose are exclusively non-personal.
· Hotjar: For an improved user experience, some of our online services use Hotjar software (http://www.hotjar.com, 3 Lyons Range, 20 Bisazza Street, Sliema SLM 1640, Malta, Europe). Hotjar enables us to measure and evaluate user activities (mouse movements, clicks, scroll height). For this purpose, Hotjar places cookies on the user’s device and can store user data, e.g. browser information, operating system, time spent on the website, etc. For details about data processing by Hotjar, please refer to www.hotjar.com/privacy.
2.5. Social media and web presence
Wienerberger AG uses various social media plug-ins (such as the Facebook icon). By clicking on the respective icon you agree to the communication with the respective platform and the transmission of information (e.g. IP address) to the respective service provider. By activating a plugin, the respective social network receives the information that the browser has called up the corresponding page of our website. This also applies if you do not have an account or are not currently logged in. This information (including the IP address) is transmitted directly from the browser to a server of the respective social network and stored there.
If you are logged in to one of the social networks during your visit to our website, the social network can assign the visit to our website directly to your network account with the plugin activated at the same time. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking the "I like" button or making a comment, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a social network server and stored there. The information may also be published on the social network and displayed to your Facebook friends or Twitter followers.
The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of the data by the respective social network as well as your relevant rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the data protection information of the respective social network.
This Wienerberger AG website uses so-called social plugins ("plugins") of the following social networks:
Privacy information for the visitors of our fan page
Privacy Information for Visitors of our Instagram Account
3. Use of personal data
As a matter of principle, personal data provided by you are processed and used by us exclusively for the purposes specified. These include, in particular:
· Marketing: Your personal data will only be used for marketing purposes, such as surveys, raffles or other advertising campaigns, if you have agreed to such uses. In this case, your data will be stored for the duration of 2 years after the last contact. Your consent to use your personal data for marketing purposes can be withdrawn at any time. For details, see item 5.
· Mailing of the Newsletter: If you fill in the web form to register for our Newsletter, we exclusively use the data provided by you to verify that you are the owner of the email address indicated and wish to receive the Newsletter, to compile a mailing list, and to analyze the usage of our Newsletter. In this case, your data will be stored for the duration of 2 years after termination of subscription. Your data will only be used by us for further purposes, if you have agreed to such uses.
· Ordering of reports or other information materials: If you order reports or other information materials from us, the personal information provided by you is used exclusively for processing your order and will subsequently be stored for a maximum period of 1 year after the last consignment. For the execution of orders, we may use the services of third parties to whom we transmit your data exclusively for the purpose of executing your order. For further purposes, we only use the personal data provided by you, if you have given us your consent.
· Use of contact form: If you use the contact form for enquiries, the information provided by you in the contact form, including your contact data, is used to process the enquiry and stored for later use in case follow-up questions arise. If necessary for the purpose of processing your enquiry we can also transmit your personal data to other companies of the Wienerberger group (see item 4) or to third parties involved. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of processing the enquiry and a maximum period of 1 year after completion of processing.
· Execution and administration of contracts: For the execution of incoming orders (especially orders for materials) we use the services of third parties to whom we transmit your data exclusively for the purpose of executing your order. In connection with such transactions, you may be contacted within the framework of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes, your data will be stored for the duration of 2 years after the last contact. If you ask us not to use your data for further contacts, we will certainly respect your wish.
· Protection of rights and property: If we have reason to believe that the rights and the property of Wienerberger AG, its suppliers and customers or third parties have been or could be impaired, we can use and transmit your personal data in order to protect such rights and/or such property. Moreover, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data, provided such disclosure is required by law or by order of competent authorities, to safeguard due process in accordance with the procedure indicated on our website(s), and to protect the aforementioned rights.
· Cleansing and consolidation of data: For the purpose of data accuracy, the information regarding our active business contacts is checked for accuracy and actuality. For this purpose, we use the official websites of the companies and their publicly accessible sites on social media platforms, such as LinkedIn.
4. Transmission and disclosure of your personal information
Depending on the type of interaction you requested (e.g. call to be returned, placement of an order, request for services, information, etc.), your data may be exchanged with third parties involved in order execution (e.g. mail order companies, banks, etc.) or other companies of the Wienerberger Group. We may also be required to disclose personal data in order to meet legal requirements or to enforce rights and agreements.
· Transmission of data to third parties: For the execution of certain orders and for the provision of certain services we work with external providers (e.g. forwarding agents). Such providers are allowed to use or transmit the data collected and processed by us for no other purpose but execution of the order placed by Wienerberger AG.
· Compliance with laws and similar obligations: We will transmit your personal data in order to (i) enforce or comply with a law, a regulation, an order issued by a public authority or compulsory measures, (ii) detect and prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activities, (iii) protect and/or enforce the rights and the property of Wienerberger AG or of third parties, and (iv) protect the rights and the personal security of our employees and of third persons.
5. Right of the data subject
You have the right of access, which means that you may request information if we process your personal data and, where that is the case how we do that. Moreover, in connection with the processing of your personal data, you have the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, to data portability or to object. Please address such requests as well as any other questions to the contact point indicated under item 7.
Wienerberger AG doesn’t use automated decision-making according to Article 22 GDPR.
If you have subscribed to our Newsletter, you can cancel your subscription by clicking on the “Opt Out” or cancellation link in the Newsletter or sending an email to the address indicated under item 7.
If you are of the opinion, that Wienerberger AG processes personal data unlawfully, you do have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
6. Data security
Wienerberger AG employs a large variety of data security measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of your personal information. However, given the nature of the Internet, we wish to draw your attention to the fact that there may be security gaps in data transmission via the Internet (e.g. communication by email) and that complete protection of data from access by third parties is not possible.
We have processes in place to handle incidents and data breaches to ensure that we minimize those risks and inform data subjects if necessary.
Wienerberger Building Solutions/ Marketing-Communications
Wienerbergerplatz 1, 1100 Wien
Phone: +43 1 / 60 192 - 0
Valid as of 2 July 2020